Dr. E. Ann Hollier founded The Cogent Executive in 2007. As Managing Partner she oversees an affiliated network of content area experts serving the needs of organizations undergoing change. The Cogent Executive’s consulting philosophy reflects Ann’s own experience as a senior executive, and many years as a research-based strategic consultant and executive coach. She is a business strategist, leadership mentor, speaker, workshop leader, and certified I.D. consultant, as well as a published author and artist.
Ann’s consulting reflects over two decades of direct business leadership experience as a senior executive. She is a seasoned, research-based management consultant with deep expertise in creating high-performance organizations. Clients learn to manage change skillfully, harnessing their creative and collaborative talents to improve business results. They drive growth and innovation, super-charge sustainable productivity, serve internal and external clients more effectively, and position their brand in a much more powerful way, in the workplace as well as in the marketplace. She has worked her entire professional career with senior leaders and management teams to develop practical solutions to business challenges. To learn more about her skills and results, click here to visit her webfolio.
Clients range from entrepreneurs, startups, and small business owners to individual executives and senior management teams of large, multinational corporations. They share a passion for excellence, a desire to accelerate results, and a willingness to challenge themselves and grow professionally in the process. As a strategic consultant, market researcher, communications advisor, and implementation coach she has served:
- Fortune 1000’s such as Pepsi, Staples, Doubletree Guest Suites, Cisco Systems, Dell Computers, and Level (3) Communications (a $5 billion Internet infrastructure startup at the time)
- Media networks ABC, CBS, CNN, PBS, and MSNBC, as well as local stations and production houses
- Health care organizations including the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Cancer Society, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Higher education clients like the College Board, Educational Testing Service, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, and the British Technical Education Council, as well as numerous individual colleges and universities
- Political campaigns, including the 1992 Clinton/Gore and the 2000 Bush/Cheney presidential campaigns
- Large consulting and market research firms such as Strategic Research and Market Strategies, as well as high profile boutique consultancies like Link-Up International, Reactions & Opinions Inc., and Maguire Associates
Human Transformation Background
Ann has been active in the field of personal transformation for many years. She is an authority on processes driving professional and organizational change, as well as the role of strategic intuition in business problem solving. To learn more about her interest in strategic intuition as a practical tool for addressing business challenges, tune in to her radio interview on The Power of Cultivating Creative Intelligence.
In addition to applying the most powerful models for organizational change, team building, management, and high-performance leadership, she is also a practitioner of positive psychology, depth psychology, integral psychology, dream incubation, and Vipassana meditation.
Cancer Survivor Background
Ann understands first-hand many of the challenges faced by professionals confronting serious illness. At 37, she was diagnosed with leukemia. Years later, following chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant, she is in complete remission. She overcame chronic fatigue syndrome following cancer treatment to help found a dot.com startup, and went on to establish two independent consultancies. Ann celebrated the 10th anniversary of her bone marrow transplant by running the Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska to raise money for cancer research. She has run several marathons and half-marathons since, and been a frequent recruitment speaker and mentor to trainees in endurance sports events for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s fundraising arm, Team In Training.
Writing, Speaking, Creative Work
Ann’s consulting, writing, speaking, groups, and workshops synthesize her diverse background, blending metrics and creativity, research and intuition, action and awareness. In addition to many business presentations, publications, and an ongoing blog, she is co-author of Dream On! A Dream Interpretation and Exploration Guide for Women. Her upcoming book, Might as Well Say Yes, explores the power of dreams and intuitive insights to propel us out of our old lives and into new possibilities. She is also a musician, artist, and photographer.
Ann has a Ph.D. in psychological research from the University of Virginia and a B.A. in psychology from Vassar College. She is also a certified I.D. consultant.